Friday, July 1, 2011

Psssst guess what...

It's official... and I'm super ecstatic about it!

Juazeiro do Norte, Brazil
God has blessed me with an opportunity to go back to Brazil where I left a huge piece of my heart! Plans are to go down in the end of December and stay until mid March.

I'll be sharing the love of Jesus at Instituto de Apoio à Criança com Câncer (yes that IS all in Portuguese). It's basically a home where kids go that are getting treated for cancer in the nearby hospital.

A little bit about IACC (I used google translator to translate this so that might be why some of the things might not sound exactly correct.)

The IACC has important partners who believe in changing the landscape of juvenile cancers and, therefore, donate resources to maintain the institution's activities, helping to change the life story of several children in the region of the southern interior of CE, Brazil.

Our children are underfunded, affection and attention. You can develop a socially responsible in your company helping to improve the assistance provided by the Institute of Support to children with cancer.

We need entrepreneurs willing to make a difference in the community it serves. We got to work with you and the contribution that will better suit their conditions.



Life is great right now. Just got back from a fun evening of hiking and coffee and spending time with our Brazilian student. Now for an extended weekend where I intend to sleep and watch a lot of fireworks.

So now is the fun part... all the planning. I have to check into some airline tickets and do some fundraisers. I also want to come up with some activities and things to do with the kids. But the biggest thing that I need to do is learn Portuguese. I want to atleast be able to communicate somewhat.  Thankfully last time I was there I was able to pick up a lot and can understand some of it. Prayers would be appreciated that I could have time to study this and that I can start understading it quickly. I'm very very excited to see how God is going to use me there.

2 comments:

Maredith said...

That's awesome Jess!!! Amazing how quickly a country can work it's way into your heart... =)
~Maredith

Natalie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I cannot wait to hear more about it! =D