Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Project: Get Motivated.

My motivation level is such a rollercoaster ride. I have several projects I wanted to get done. [redoing my room, budgeting, staying organized and on task, indepth daily devotions, getting fit, being healthy, etc] It seems like I'm always super motivated at the wrong times. I'm motivated when I'm at work and its running through my mind or I'm driving home thinking of all the tasks that await me and as soon as I walk in the door its like I leave my motivation on the front porch.

I'm a list maker... and I love making lists. Usually I end up making them so unrealistic. Really there are only 24 hours in a day and working full time plus sleeping and other normal daily activities there is just not enough time in one day to do it all. Maybe I should consider making a weekly task list and have daily options below it. [excuse me as my mind starts running.]

Step 1: 
Get organized and stay focused. [since I enjoy making lists... this shouldn't be too difficult right?] Often times when I'm doing something like cleaning my room or going through something I get rather distracted. I've also been thinking about this on a spiritual level. Am I fully focused on my heavenly Father or am I half-heartedly paying attention bumping along on this road? I want to be soaring not dragging or getting held up. So here's to saying no to detours. Focusing on the One who created me and focusing on what is important in my life and necessary to get done. Here I am Lord teach me your ways and your plan for my life. Show me the important things and teach me how to put my whole heart into them!


Teach me your ways, Oh Lord, that I may live according to your truth. Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. Psalm 86:11

This post seems a little rambly I couldn't quite pull it together my apologies.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Lists are the best! Of course it takes me forever to get through them, because like you said, as soon as I come home, I don't want to do any of those things. And I love your rambling =D