Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hello Homeownership!

It has been a crazy few months! Last fall we started checking into our options of purchasing our own home! We knew that the process can take a while sometimes but God's plan worked out perfectly and faster than we anticipated. Within 2 months we found the one! ( I'm still freaking out a little bit and wandering how it worked out better then either of us could've imagined.)



On settlement day when we finally got the keys!


It feels like a dream! All of these emotions, ideas and projects floating around in my head. We looked at a total of two houses and just knew. It was the perfect location, in a quiet development and had enough space to start a family in someday. 

6 weeks after we made an offer we had settlement and did not waste any time by moving in that weekend. The coldest weekend of the year with record lows and a snowstorm. It was so peaceful that evening snuggling on the couch watching the snowfall and just enjoying OUR home! All in all the whole moving process went very quickly and was pretty low stress thanks to the many many helping hands we had. We were able to get the last of the things in the house as the snow flurries were starting. Praise the Lord!! 

Since then we have settled in and have been starting to add our own personal flare. 

Our first project was the master bedroom. The nasty pale green just had to go! It's repainted and now we are on to the decorating step. I'm super excited and am already loving it. 


Sneak peek of one of the decor pieces that was a must have. 


The other thing we did was a wash line. I have been begging asking for one for a long long time and I'm super excited to finally have one. I love doing laundry so I joyfully hang it out on the line! It's also really special because G built if for me from scratch. He always amazes me with his talents. Now if only I could convince him to build me some furniture. Haha

My goal for this year is to learn how to be more frugal and clean. Preparing for G's upcoming school is not always fun or easy but will be so worth it in the end. Even when he is all done I'm re sure we will still be living frugally. So stay tuned for some of my tips and tricks and what I'm finding that doesn't work.

So blessed that God provided the perfect house for our needs. He is so faithful. 





1 comment:

Janelle Martin said...

Yay! Love that picture of you two. :) What a fun stage of life! Looking forward to having you help me through the same crazy process!