Sunday, October 2, 2011

I am not perfect...

Feeling a little frustrated and down today... because truth is... I'm NOT perfect or anywhere close to it.

Words slip out of my mouth before I can catch them, I forget things, and I make my share of mistakes.

Being a perfectionist is probably one of the most difficult things sometimes. I hate knowing that I've made, make and always will make mistakes.

Father, You know my heart. Please forgive me and give me strength to understand that there is no possible way that I can be perfect but You love me anyway.

This is going to make us stronger, this is going to make forever longer. - Steve Holy

3 comments:

Janelle Martin said...

I can definitely relate to the perfectionist stuff. It's really tough sometimes! But I think we can be too hard on ourselves. So just remember that Jesus loves you in the midst of your mistakes and so do I! Hugs. <3

Natalie said...

Totally understand those moments where our weakness and sinfulness is glaring at us intently. Perfectionism can quickly turn into a race we feel required to run, but we'll always loose if we do. Praying His grace and love showers you! =) "...as much as sin reigns for the moment, grace abounds more." -Dr. Chapell

Suzie said...

Hello again! I think on of the reasons why I follow your posts is because we have a few things in common. Like you...I am a perfectionist, a list-maker, have irrational goals, I'm hard on myself (all the time), and loved my granny very much and looked up to her.

There's not enough time in a day and I want so very much to be a prayer worrier too! I get so consumed by everything going on in life (especially now) that I can't seem to focus on one thing at a time. Instead I have lots of things floating around my mind that I want to accomplish that it absolutely tires me to the bone.

But, through all of this, I know that God's got me. We can be so much harder on ourselves and our perception of "things" that we tend to lose focus. I may not feel worthy and can let guilt overtake me at times, but at the end of the day I turn to God and he puts me back in place.

**God knows your heart and he loves you in spite of your imperfections** He knows you are going to make mistakes, no one is perfect. You seem to have a good head, sweet spirit, and loving heart...God knows this too. He will continue to bless you no matter what you do!

Get back up, dust yourself off, and try, try again...I have faith in you.

-Stay blessed