Sunday, September 9, 2012

Favorite time of the year

My favorite season is arriving quickly. *happy dance!* I adore fall and all of it's beauty. I have to say that it is definitely at the top of my favorites.

There has been lots of business around here along with time for rest and relaxation.

My dear friend Marilyn got married on Friday and it was a BEAUTIFUL ceremony and reception. [Is it time for me to start planning mine yet.... Please?] hahah It has really put the anticipation in my heart to get to one day plan my own! And for those of you that don't know..... no it is NOT time to start planning.... yet. ;)
 
The beautiful bride and I. :)

 
My dear Maria
 
Maria is the sister of the bride and the maid of honor. She is a close friend of mine and has such a beautiful soul. It's a miracle that she was even able to attend/participate in her sisters wedding. This past week they were decorating for the reception and she fell off a ladder from 15-18ft and landed on a concrete floor. She smashed her jaw and broke it in several pieces and shattered a lot of teeth. Needless to say she had surgery and her jaw wired shut. She was so beautiful and strong and managed to be there to support her sister on her special day. She is supposed to get married in 7 weeks and will have her jaw wired shut for 6 weeks at least. If you think about it please send a little prayer up for her for a speedy recovery, relief from the pain and that her plans can all be worked out as necessry.
 
Now to enjoy this amazing weather we are having! Here's to bonfires, warmer clothes, hot coffee/cider/chocolate/tea fairs and barn parties. I'm a happy girl! :)


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yea for fall! I'm so eager for all it's colors, weather, scents, and treats =D

Shannon said...

Fall is indeed such a beautiful season... my favorite aspect being the cool weather. ;) May your friend have a speedy recovery!

Blessings,
~Shannon~