Friday, June 28, 2013

I Said Yes!

A beach trip was in the making with some of our good friends. We were so excited. I mean come on the first beach trip of the summer. Road trip with friends? Who wouldn't be excited?

The day started out as normal as any other day trip... wake up at the crack of dawn and get all of the last minute things ready. And out the door with my sleepy face still on.

We all drove down in a big suburban and everyone was sprawled out trying to catch up some extra spare minutes of sleep. After an hour or so we all started waking up and then the funny jokes and comments started. (I love my friends.) As the drive continued, we drove through Rehobeth... through all the outlets (one of my favorite places to shop, they have amazing deals) and I see the Kay Jewlers... As I make the comment "Hey maybe we should make a pit stop there" while playfully elbowing my man.

Meanwhile, as we continue the drive to the beach we are going to... we finally arrive and all pile out of the suburban. Dragging all of our things out to the beach and setting up camp we realized it's probably going to be a little bit breezy we set up a "wall" of things around us to help prevent the blowing of the sand. We lounged there for a little while and played some volleyball then went back to relax on the sand.

Two of my friends went off to "scout the area". Marlana happened to be taking her backpack with her... I thought hmmm why is she taking that... but I never thought more. When they got back Greg was asking me to go for a walk with him. We had just laid down and I was hoping for a little catnap beings my head was hurting. (Yes I would complain about something hurting since I never let my sister hear the end of when she complained all day before she got engaged.) After a minute or so I decided we might as well just go for a walk and enjoy the day.

So as we walked down the beach hand in hand.... just talking about life. When off in the distance we see these sticks in the ground with streamers going around. Greg's said "Hey I wonder what that is? We should go take a look at it." Of course right away I'm like "YEAH!" I love checking things out. All that was running through my mind was a turtles nest or something cool. But HELLO Jessica do turtles live in MD? Completely oblivious we walk over to see what it is.



Just as we are able to see what it is.... All that I had time to see was that it was a heart written in the sand and it said Jess will you... (and racing through my mind was awwwweeee and that's funny cause that's my name but this Jess will be super happy) In the same second Greg was down on one knee asking me to marry him!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D "Are you serious? Is this real?" Were the first words out of my mouth. (Once again, probably because I made fun of my friend for repeating that when she got engaged.) Haha But folks as you know, I did say yes and had a BEAUTIFUL ring to put on my finger.



So many emotions running through my mind.... This is REALLY happening! I get to be his wife! I'm so blessed. This moment couldn't have been more perfect or romantic. I'm the happiest girl in the world. Thank you God for my blessings!

As we walked back hand in hand I couldn't help but be grinning from ear to ear. Greeted by my friends there were hugs and smiles and congrats and planning to begin. Woohoo! Getting engaged was by far one of my favorite parts of my life so far! I'm sooo excited for all the rest of my friends to get to experience that.

After all the excitement I was pretty done at the beach. Haha I was too excited to lay down and sleep. So I laid there smiling admiring my ring.... and smiling at my future husband! (I really do get to marry him!)

The joy and excitement that had filled my heart was written all over my face. God is sooo good! Waiting on His timing and His will for our lives has been such a blessing.


3 comments:

Janelle Martin said...

Love it, my dear, especially that last picture of you guys! Cute. Excited for more planning this week. :)

Natalie said...

Awesome engagement story! So happy for you =D

RACHE said...

i love it! So sweet Jess.. So happy for the happiness you've found!