Saturday, October 4, 2014

Overwhelmed?


                                                                              VIA

Is my absolute complete trust in God? There have been a series of events happening locally that make me fidgety about every noise I hear at night. Let's be honest... we all worry and we have many difficult things happening in our lives. But God tells us many many times not to worry.

Do not fret - it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8b
Fretting over things shows lack of faith of the love God has for us and the control he has over our life. When we dwell on our issues and pains in this life we often times become anxious and/or angry. Concentrating on God and His goodness will help us find peace.

This verse has really convicted me that having a heart filled with worry is just so harmful for our souls. It exhausts us. It makes the smallest mishaps become the biggest hurdles. God's desire is for us to let him handle it. After all, we don't have any control over the things that happen in our lives. I'm so thankful that no matter how many times we fail Him He is always there waiting.

So why is it so hard to not worry? It sounds easy right?! Wrong. It takes time, dedication, discipline and a whole lot of faith. So here's to giving it up to God and letting Him do the hard work for me. Here's to being completely overwhelmed by my Father and filled with His Spirit.

Check out the song below it's my favorite right now.

I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
And all that You've done is so overwhelming