Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Highlights

It's been a year full of love, tears, boating and so much more! Here's just a few highlights I found.


 

In February we purchased our first home and moved in on Greg's birthday which also happened to be the COLDEST day of the entire year and a snow storm. But when we had everything in and the snow came it was the best feeling ever! We love our home and since then have painted about half the inside and have many more painting projects to be worked on! So thankful in God's provision for us.


My dear friend Sara went home to be with Jesus after battling cancer. There were many tears shed but I'm praising Jesus that she is no longer wheel chair bound but running and playing volleyball in the streets of heaven! You are so missed Sara but you will never be forgotten. I can't play volleyball without remembering you. I'm thankful for your spirit and the role you played in my life. You left a beautiful legacy.


We spent most of our summer out on the river. So many fun times wakeboarding, jet skiing, fishing and so much more. I'm thankful for hobbies of my husbands that become quite enjoyable for me as well. He even landed a new trick this summer.


My man doing his thing.


Volunteering as staff with the youth group has been a highlight. Love spending time with them and watching them grow in Him. We are so so blessed to have such a wonderful church!


Annual summer trip to Virginia! One of my favorite places to go and unplug from the world and unwind and of course drink as much sweet tea as I can get my hands on. They have the best!!! This is at Reddish Knob one of the popular lookouts in the Shenadoah Valley!


He finished his BSN in August!! We were both so ever thankful and were ready to celebrate at this awesome castle for dinner! I'm so blessed to have a hard working man to strive to succeed and provide for us. He's incredible!


Last but not least we took a beach trip in December which happened to be record warm! With temp's in the 70's we were able to enjoy shorts and short sleeves in Delaware! Loved our weekend away with friends.


So there's a mini glimpse into what happened in 2015. It hasn't been all rays of sunshine and happiness but it has been a beautiful ride. I'm so grateful that I was able to spend most of it with my better half by my side.

Cheers to 2016!!!

XOXO
~Jess












No comments: